January 13, 2010

College

Hey peeps. Recently lots of brothers asked me hows my collge life. I replied until ran out of credit, and all the answers are the same: It's Awesome! X)

The first day of college was Monday, 11 January. I was in A-levels. Met some new friends.

Tuesaday. I went to first class of the day, economics. 2 hours after class, I entered classroom of AusMat.
Why? because I registered A-level in last Friday without knowing what it is. Then later after finding out that it's something like another SPM (I HATE SPM), I became moody. So I switched. :)

And I never regret making this decision. From 3 subjects, I'm now taking 5. From 1.5 year of pre-u course, I'm now doing only 1 year. Best of all: exam is only 50% theory-based. The other 50% is splitted into various parts like weekly class tests, group assignments, presentations and so on. So lively! Who cares about A-levels!? X)


Comparison between first classes in A-level and AusMat:

A-level (economics): Class, last week we have learnt what is Market Economics, today we will learn what is Planned Economics and Mixed Economics.... This is our PPC graphs, we must assume that we have only 2 products, because the graph has only to axis...... bla bla bla.... Okay class, I don't like students to be late for class, so I will stop 5 minutes earlier so you can attend other classes.

AustMat (biology): Okay class, you all are late to lab. I'm very strict when it comes to lab days, so next time don't be late... Look at the paper I just distributed. This is your first group assignment. Find yourself a group and start discussing what to do. And the rest of the class was discussions in groups.

Perhaps it's because of different subjects, but I felt the differences. Even in AusMat students have more interactions among each other. Second class (Ausmat), was Moral Study(!!!). Yea, at first I thought its the same thing that caused my major hatred in SPM, but soon I found that we are learning in English, and the lecturer is a cheerful old lady with a sense of humour that doesn't fit her generation at all. After a simple introduction, the very very first thing she told us was:' Okay class, you all will be holding a Rock Concert.'

And how fun will it be? Coming soon....  X)