January 8, 2010

TTC


BRIAN SOONG TEACHES BIO



Yes. I know this sounds like some sort of worst joke of the year, or some might say if this really happens the world has come to an end or cows will be flying across Atlantic ocean.

Say what you like. Maybe the world IS falling apart, or some mutated cows with wings are now flying over my house, but I AM teaching biology in TTC .



X)



Anyway, after approximately 1 week of training (thanks Mr. Keng!), I took all Monday to Wednesday Bio class for the first week of the year.





4 January 2010
Monday, Gasing
Form 4 bio, Form 4 bio, Form 5 bio

First class was... awkwardly silent. I tried to tell some jokes and get along with them, but apparently I failed. (T_T) There was a scout junior, Gan Zang, in the class, so the situation was a little bit weird.

Second class was... not so boring. I told them jokes, and they smiled. However, a student, Edbert, did bring some energy into the room, giving me enough strength to last until the class end. Another junior, Jin Yew inside the class, luckily he was still okay.

Form 5 class was... awesome! Almost everyone stunned when I entered the class, because most of them know me and never expected me to teach bio. The whole class was conducted with full of fun and laughters. I really felt happy and energised after the class instead of the exhaustion I expected. Yu Song, your crazy questions really drove me nuts. Only after class I found out that you are the legendary scary student that drove previous tutors crazy. X) Best class ever taught so far.





5 January 2010
Tuesday, Gasing
Form 5 bio, Form 4 bio

Form 5 class was... fun! Charmaine was frozen when I entered the class. She didn't take bio, so she decided to sleep in class for chemistry later. Some how, she stayed awake throughout bio class. Was I too loud? Sorry....

Form 4 class... almost drop dead silence. Only 2 students, 1 of them is another junior, Cheng Hua. However, we survived.

Later, Say Chiew told me that I taught something wrong in yesterday's class! Shit...





6 January 2010
Wednesday, Old Town
Form 5 bio, Form 4 bio

I'm not going to say much about the classes today. Basically the students were all from Taman Petaling and 1 from SAS. The classes were okay.

At here I must be frank and straight.

MRS ANDREW CHU has no difference from a wet market chicken seller who can converse in little English and speaks Chinese in Sichuan essence. Oops, this is a disgrace to the wet market chiken sellers (sorry aunties XD).

Apparently we were the ones who made mistakes and caused some misunderstandings with ANDREW CHU Tuition Centre while giving out brochures outside their centre.

To Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Chu, and all ANDREW CHU Tuition Centre's students,



I'm Sorry

We don't mean to make enemies, it was a misunderstanding.




but MRS. ANDREW CHU's personality simply pissed me off. Not only your attitude, but you never think before you speak. I don't wish to point out what you said and what you did, but 华人的美德? Look at yourself before you speak of others. In fact we pratise more than you do. Giving tuition is not just about earning money. Yes, we do need money and we do earn money, but the difference between us and you is WE CARE FOR STUDENTS MORE THAN MONEY and YOU CARE FOR MONEY MORE THAN STUDENTS.

I never went to Andrew Chu, but now I know why students quit after some time, and I feel greatful that I never stepped into your staircase.

Oh yea, by the way, to MRS ANDREW CHU:

If you want to open a branch in Gasing, We're REALLY REALLY SORRY, but there are NO MORE SHOPS for rent. Unless you don't mind placing your tables and chairs and whiteboards at Ipoh Chicken Rice Shop's back lane. That is, IF they allow.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Overall, teaching was fun! Really really fun! I never thought that I would be holding Bio reference books again, and I'm relearning Bio like never before. But at the same time we realised the diference between being student and a tutor, and the responsiblities of educating others are massive.

Unfortunately, there are things which are unpredictable. Very unpredictable. Just like what written in the previous post, I might be teaching again... (T_T)



I really don't feel like going college so fast.



See first la. If there is time, I will be back!